Monday, July 19, 2010
Soccer Time
Jude has officially entered into the world of organized sports...through the American Youth Soccer association. His team's name is aptly named "The Blue Monkeys." They don't really play games yet, but they are learning to handle the ball ...or rather, not handle it with their hands. the first day, the coach taught them that the inside of the foot is shaped like a banana and that's the area you use to kick the ball. Jude really took off with that analogy, yelling "banana!" with a huge smile at the top of his voice every time he kicked the ball. It takes a special person to coach toddler sports.You might wonder why we chose to enroll him in soccer as opposed to softball or something else--one reason is that soccer is the official favorite sport in Kenya and Fred really likes it, another is that they allow kids younger than five to play, but I mostly chose it because I think Jude has the perfect hair for it. Total crazy soccer hair--it sort of gives definition to the wildness of it just to name it that. I like it. Jude likes it. I think it works.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment