Every kid learning to talk says some funny things. but here are some of my favorites for Jude all at different ages...
It's a countdown from 10!
#10...on personal hygiene: "My horn expounds!"
Translation...my diaper is exploding! Wwhen Jude was small, for some unknown reason, he called his little behind his horn--I can't remember why that started at all, but one day when his diaper was about to explode and that's the sentence his brain worked out to communicate it--pretty funny, I thought!
#9 ...on digestion: "You eat that sandwich, it get's to poop, not pee!"
Pretty self explanatory, I guess. It becomes a solid, not a liquid! that was just as funny as when he told me that I need to learn to pee standing up.
#8 ...on trains: "It's a steam mocolotive"
So darn cute!
#7 ...on mispronunciations: "Chickabelt"=Tinkerbell....Hostible= hospital....pooter games for= computer games...I want to go to Old MacDonalds to get a burger.....Mom, look at my new convention (invention)....my helicopter can't fly without a compeller....
#6...on making the bed: "I took the pillow-suitcase-off for you, mom"
#5...on food/provision: I told him we didn't have any chocolate in the house for a treat, so he asked me "Do we have some in God's house?"
Good question! Nothing is impossible with God!
#4...on fruit: "Mom, what's the fruit with the big seed in the middle?" Me--I don't know, what are you talking about? Jude: " Oh, I think it's called a colorado"
Explanation: AVACADO!!
#3...on discipline: I say "You need to calm down" and Jude says "Oh, come on mom, I don't mean to hurt you!"
#2...on another name for me when I tell him to do something: "OK, ma'am-dude"
#1...on general frustration: "I forgive up"
It's a countdown from 10!
#10...on personal hygiene: "My horn expounds!"
Translation...my diaper is exploding! Wwhen Jude was small, for some unknown reason, he called his little behind his horn--I can't remember why that started at all, but one day when his diaper was about to explode and that's the sentence his brain worked out to communicate it--pretty funny, I thought!
#9 ...on digestion: "You eat that sandwich, it get's to poop, not pee!"
Pretty self explanatory, I guess. It becomes a solid, not a liquid! that was just as funny as when he told me that I need to learn to pee standing up.
#8 ...on trains: "It's a steam mocolotive"
So darn cute!
#7 ...on mispronunciations: "Chickabelt"=Tinkerbell....Hostible= hospital....pooter games for= computer games...I want to go to Old MacDonalds to get a burger.....Mom, look at my new convention (invention)....my helicopter can't fly without a compeller....
#6...on making the bed: "I took the pillow-suitcase-off for you, mom"
#5...on food/provision: I told him we didn't have any chocolate in the house for a treat, so he asked me "Do we have some in God's house?"
Good question! Nothing is impossible with God!
#4...on fruit: "Mom, what's the fruit with the big seed in the middle?" Me--I don't know, what are you talking about? Jude: " Oh, I think it's called a colorado"
Explanation: AVACADO!!
#3...on discipline: I say "You need to calm down" and Jude says "Oh, come on mom, I don't mean to hurt you!"
#2...on another name for me when I tell him to do something: "OK, ma'am-dude"
#1...on general frustration: "I forgive up"
From Sherry:
ReplyDeleteVery cute Kim. Once when we drove to Denver Stivers announced we were going to Avocado. Great minds...
Super cute! We miss you guys.
ReplyDelete